Thursday, October 05, 2006

Book Review

I am going to review Free Culture: The Nature and Future of Creativity for my book review. I like quote for a book review:
Never before have the cultural powers- that-be been able to exert such control over what we can and can’t do with the culture around us.

I am interested in how the control culture effects society at large and education. I think technology is bringing up a lot of issue about media/cultural control that have been dealt with before. I also believe it is political as the rules of media ownership have been loosened over the last few years. I think the "Net Neutrality" issue will affect online education as it might harder to deliver educational content over the web.

2 comments:

martin said...

Hi, Ted:

It sounds like a very interesting book. The advancement of technology does bring up a lot of cultural issues. I am wondering if the book also talks about the issues accross different cultures. I am looking forward to your review.

Martin

พ่อบ้านเล่างานวิจัย said...

Ted - as I browse the amazon sample pages, table of contents. I found this book intriguing. It's interesting that the writer starts the first chapter with piracy issue, ends with free/fair use.
The cover design and artwork are also nice.